The SFY Functional Safety SIL 3 capable Frequency-to-DC Transmitter with Display is part of Moore Industries’ FS Functional Safety Series. It monitors frequency, period, high or low pulse width, and contact closure signals and converts the input signal to a proportional, input-to-output isolated 4-20mA output ready for direct interface with a Safety
System, readout instrument, recorder, PLC, DCS, SCADA system. The 2-wire (loop-powered) SFY is ideal for use in your Safety Instrumented System (SIS) in a wide range of process and factory automation monitoring applications:
- Exceptional accuracy and stability. Accuracy typically ±0.025% of span with long-term stability – up to 5 years between scheduled calibrations.
- Measures frequency ranges between an amazingly low 0.005Hz up to 25kHz; periods from 40microseconds to 200sec.
- Programmable moving average filter minimizes measurement instability caused by frequency variations
- User-configurable 5-digit LCD shows the process variable in selectable engineering units.
- Input-to-output isolated and RFI/EMI protected.