Berthold Continuous Level Measurement
Berthold’s continuous level measurement systems are used to monitor measuring ranges from a few millimeters up to several dozen meters.
The radiometric level measurements operate with no contact and are non-intrusive or invasive. As the components are mounted on the outer wall and do not come in contact with the measured material, they are therefore not exposed to wear and tear.
The non-contact level measurement from Berthold is universally applicable on all kind of vessels, reactors, autoclaves or bunkers.
Based on the radiometric measuring principle, our level measurement systems are operated reliably and accurately under extreme process conditions. The measurement is carried out irrespective of the material temperature, pressures or chemical properties of the measured material. Interior installations such as agitators etc. have no adverse effect on the measurement performance.
Berthold SENSseries LB 480 L
Description & Features
Level measurement SENSseries LB 480 is particularly suitable for demanding measuring tasks in safety-related applications. The level measuring system is certified for use in SIL2 plants. Berthold is the first manufacturer of SIL certified radiometric level, level switch (min./max. alarm) and density measurement systems. Even SIL3 can be achieved with the redundant installation of two LB 480 measurement systems.
- Compact field probe with integrated transmitter
- Quick start menu for easy start up
- Continuous self-monitoring
- SIL2 or SIL3 for level, level switch and density
- Gas density compensation (GPC)
- External radiation detection – XIP (X-ray interference protection)
Berthold Uni-Probe LB 490 L
Description & Features
The Berthold Uni-Probe LB 490 is used for non-contact measurement of levels and limit values. The compact field device combines detector and transmitter in one unit. The level gauge is inexpensive, reliable and accurate and comes with very low source activity.
- Inexpensive and solid system for standard applications
- Compact field device with integrated transmitter
- Many digital and analogue outputs and inputs make the Uni-Probe universally conformable
- Communication via HART, Foundation Fieldbus or Profibus PA
- Communication can be switched over from Bus to HART at any time
- High operational safety, FMEDA with SFF 96%